Welcome, thank you for visiting my site.
Please feel free to leave a comment.
- Sally; Cleveland, Ohio
25 April 2014
- I was so fortunate to hear you perform the Beethoven concerto with the Cleveland Orchestra. What sensitive and beautiful musicianship you display! All passages - both the amazing rapid ones and the thoughtful slow movement - demonstrate your musical accomplishments and communicative mastery. Thank you so much!
- David J. Friedlander
14 April 2014
- I recently acquired 4 of your Schubert Live discs on AVIE. I've always loved Schubert and have many recordings of his sonatas and shorter works by well known pianists. I have to say that you have surpassed them all! Your playing is so poetic and always penetrates to the heart of Schubert - one of the composers with the biggest heart! I love your playing very much. To your continued great success.
- Sarah Berkoff
25 January 2014
- Thank you for playing in Leeds, your quiet poise and accomplished performance will remain a musical highlight.
- john pikoulis/cardiff
26 December 2013
- We're looking forward to your Schumann/Wieck/Brahms recital in Cardiff in February, but why end with Schubert when something like Brahms's Variations on a Theme by Schumann (with its quotations of Clara's own variations of the same theme) would have brought it to a more pressing (and poignant) conclusion? Or even Brahms's 2nd Piano Sonata, which derives from both Schumanns in its last movement.
- Els, Hengelo, the Netherlands
1 November 2013
- Dear Mrs. Cooper, for my mothers 80th birthday we went to your concert in the Deventer. What a marvellous performance you gave. We enjoyed it so very much. My mother had a wonderful evening. We were all so touched by the way you performed these wonderful pieces. It was stunning, moving and touching every nerve in our body. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Els
- Rev. Dr. David Gottlieb
14 October 2013
- Dear Ms. Cooper: Minneapolis and St. Paul were blessed by your recital recently playing the final trilogy of the last Schubert sonatas. I loved your playing and sense of complete control and mastery of the keyboard. These last three sonatas are special to me as I sense Schubert probably knew of his impending demise and yet transcended it. Bless you and please come again to the Twin Cities.
- Paul Woodcock
13 October 2013
- I am going to a piano recital in November by Richard Lewis. Sad to say, the last piano recital I attended was when I was a student back in either 1979 or 1980 and I mentioned to my wife that it was by a brilliant upcoming pianist called Imogen Cooper. I have never forgotten the experience and am so glad to have discovered how your career blossomed. Hoping to attend a concert soon. Paul Woodcock
- John Danzl Minneapolis
10 October 2013
- Imogen, I want to thank you for the wonderful experience in St. Paul this past Sunday. Schubert's late music is so profound and you brought that to life. I have seen a great many performances in my years, the experience I felt in your playing is rare. I also saw your interaction with the attendees after the concert. I was sitting on your left, selling CDs. You are such a gracious person. Thanks!
- john humphreys
4 September 2013
- Lovely recital from Chipping Campden Imogen on 03/09/13...thank you. Schubert's C minor Sonata, D.958 could not (and probably has not) received a finer performance. Total commitment, musical honesty and fiery technique everywhere evident.